- Understand and use very basic expressions to satisfy concrete needs.
- Introduce themselves and ask others questions about personal details
- Interact simply as long as the other person speaks slowly and clearly
- Understand frequently used expressions in most intermediate areas such as shopping, family, employment, etc.
- Complete tasks that are routine and involve a direct exchange of information.
- Describe matters of immediate need in simple terms.
- Understand points regarding family, work, school or leisure-related topics.
- Deal with most travel situations in areas where the language is spoken.
- Create simple texts on topics of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, dreams, and ambitions, as well as opinions or plans in brief.
- Understand the main ideas of a complex text such as a technical piece related to their field.
- Spontaneously interact without to much strain for either the learner or the native speaker.
- Produce a detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
- Understand a wide range of longer and more demanding texts or conversations.
- Express ideas without too much searching.
- Effectively use the language for social, academic or professional situations.
- Create well-structured and detailed texts on complex topics.
- Understand almost everything read or heard with ease.
- Summarize information from a variety of sources into a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves using precise meaning in complex scenarios.